Bad Cat Imperial Red

BUDFORCEBUDFORCE Member Posts: 275
Deceiving is the best way to describe this.

These kits make a really smooth dark reddish coloured beer.

The taste isn't too hoppy but isn't bland either, stornger is flavour than say a pint of pedigree. Its well balanced and crystal clear, but the problem - if you could call it that, is that this beer is approx 7.5% but does not taste strong at all.

I drank 4 bottles of this last night and I don't feel too great today and I had a pint of water before I went to sleep.

One of the best I've brewed up there with the Young American Pale Ale kits that I love, just be careful it really is quite deceiving when you drink it and it more of one to enjoy one or two at a time and not to have a session on.
Beer League: 1. Young's - American Pale Ale 2. Bulldog Brews - Imperial Red Bad Cat 3. Young's - IPA 4. Young's - American Amber Ale 5. Bulldog Brews - Evil Dog Double IPA

Comments

• HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    Hi Budforce, thanks for the review on the Bad Cat, this is quite a strong beer although we're pleased to hear you like it (just in moderation next time!). Quite a few of the newer beer kits do seem to be quite strong, although they still make the full 40 pints, we haven't made this particular one yet but hope to give it a try
  • BUDFORCEBUDFORCE Member Posts: 275
    Yeah you should do its a really high qaulity kit. I had another one last night (single bottle this time!) and the beer is excellent.

I noticed that Young's are doing a new Red India Ale kit. Will give that a go on my next order.
    Beer League: 1. Young's - American Pale Ale 2. Bulldog Brews - Imperial Red Bad Cat 3. Young's - IPA 4. Young's - American Amber Ale 5. Bulldog Brews - Evil Dog Double IPA
  • HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    There are 2 new additions to the Youngs Craft Brewing range, the red India ale makes 30 Pints at around 6.3% ABV, they are just out though so there is not much in the way of feedback on them yet, should be good though
  • BUDFORCEBUDFORCE Member Posts: 275
    Ok so 10 months on I brewed another batch of this and my original comments have not changed, the beer is fantastic but damn...

I've had this evening literally just on my second pint and not rushed and I am feeling it!

Honestly, it's just too strong for me.