Options

Barrel leaking pressure

mcneilsmcneils Member Posts: 3
I have had it with this barrel replaced all seals and still leaking appears to be at the top were the cap touches the barrel joint coming under the screwcap maybe I have a hairline crack at the top of the barrel itself i am running out of ideas and co2 bulbs ive tried everything is there some sort of pressure test that can be done my brews are getting spolit and running out of bulbs please feel free to comment i am stumped

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    Barrels can sometimes fail to hold pressure, it would be useful to know if the barrel has ever sealed or not, if you have ruled out all of the rubber washers and bands on the lid then it may point to the lid itself not sealing properly, so it would be worth checking the rubber seal on the underside of the lid is in the correct position and sealing with the neck of the barrel. One thing you can do to test this is to fit a second rubber in this position and see if that makes it seal. If it did solve the problem then that would suggest a possible fault with the neck of the barrel.

A way of finding the point it is leaking is to mix up a solution of water and washing up liquid, then brush the solution onto the barrel over the cap, and joints, once you inject gas wherever the solution bubbles would indicate the place where the gas is escaping from.

Where was the barrel purchased from and how long have you had it?
  • Options
    mcneilsmcneils Member Posts: 3
    got the barrel from you guys tried second rubber as i said in my intial post its coming under the cap its been fine just last two brews no pressure i have also tightend this quite hard i may have warped the neck looks a bit more oval than rnd also were it is oval high point thats were the pressures coming out both sides
  • Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    If all the rubber washers are in place and it is not holding pressure and you believe the problem is with the neck then it may be a faulty barrel, it is best to return it to us and we will refund for it and send back to the suppliers for you. Please enclose your original order details to help us process the return for you, any questions or for more info please just email us at sales@home-brew-online.co.uk and we will of course resolve this asap for you