Options

ultimate strawberry beer

richbodrichbod Member Posts: 3
Hi

Started one of these kits off 2 weeks ago today I have been testing it for couple of days this week getting a reading of 10 the instructions says should be lower for bottling or am I reading the hydrometer wrong. I have misplaced the readings I took when first brewed when I've been checking the temp has been about 18-20 degrees bit lower than instructions say at 24 degrees is it just taking a bit longer or have I done something wrong there seems to be quite a bit of sediment in the test samples I've taken out

Cheers
Sorry if a bit hard to understand only my second attempt

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    Around 18 to 20 degrees C may mean it will take a little longer than if it was around 23 to 25 degrees C, but it sounds as though it is about ready. If the reading is 10 (1.010) and is constant and stays the same for a couple of days in a row then go ahead and bottle. To help with sediment try not to disturb it in the fermenting vessel when you bottle, the brew will still be cloudy at this stage and some will settle in the bottles, and this is perfectly normal. Let us know what you think to the brew....
  • Options
    richbodrichbod Member Posts: 3
    Cheers I think I get confused with the hydrometer readings will bottle either tonight or tomorrow then
  • Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    They can be a little confusing but it gets easier, the reading around 10 sounds good as long as it has stopped changing