Options

Sadlers Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon Premium Red Wine Kit 10/12 bt

ajbajb Member Posts: 38
bought this kit to try a nice red wine, compared to other cheaper kits the contents resembled a science experiment with a vial of finings and other packets. but the instructions were extremely clear and easy to follow, in total it took 22 days to complete, the temp for the initial fermentation is a little higher than that of white wine. It cleared fairly quickly too. I only bought the 12 bottle kit as I am really fussy about red wine and wanted to try it first.
The verdict....
This has to be the best wine I have brewed to date, I have to admit I started on the lower end of the price scale (cellar 7, australian style white wines) and am slowly moving up but the quality of the grape juice in this kit really comes through in the final product, nice blackberry tones but not overpowering for my taste (you can adjust the fruitiness with the temp... all in the guide), just a lovely smooth red wine which will go nice with a meal as much as being drunk by itself.... and the best bit... no one else I know likes red wine so this batch is all mine !

Comments