Options

Cellar 7 30bt Pinot

ajbajb Member Posts: 38
This was my first attempt and making wine. It was a fairly simple process that took errrr 7 days !
the instructions were clear and concise. the wine was fairly fragrant at first but as the weeks go by it gets more 'refined'. would I use it again ... yes

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    Thanks for your feedback on the Cellar 7 wine, it sounds like it went very well, as with all home brew the flavours will improve as it conditions, it is often worth leaving a while before drinking or putting a few bottles to a side to try later and then compare the difference
  • Options
    Thanks. just trying to build up some wine stock. but fortunately or unfortunately word has got to the family so they keep popping round for a chat and ... 'while we here could we try some more of that wine/beer you made... if we didn't know any different we would say it was shop bought'
  • Options
    started my last box of this 2 weeks ago, the fermenting went fine but the clearing has already taken 7 days and only the top 2 inches seem clear. I have just ordered more finings to try and get this clear. It tastes just fine but
  • Options
    managed to get it clear with another light stir then it cleared really quickly.... very odd !
  • Options
    That's great news, we're pleased to hear it has cleared, it can vary on temperature etc and a stir will sometimes do the trick, problems with finings are very rare
  • Options
    went back to try some of the bottles we had put aside from the august 2014 brew, I have to be honest the flowery notes have mellowed a little but I really don't think we will be re-visiting this one. I Just find the flowery taste a little overbearing, although it must be said that my wife likes it. we both like the beaverdale..
  • Options
    If it is a bit too flowery it would be best to try an alternative, the Beaverdale is the next range up and has higher quality juice, results do tend to be better the more expensive the ingredients as the quality of grape juice is higher
  • Options
    yes we have tried Beaverdale and just received a Sadlers sauvignon Blanc (pinot was out of stock) the beaverdale is nicer by a long way in my view.
  • Options
    It will be interesting to hear what you think of the Sadlers too, it has been getting some very good feedback
  • Options
    I am looking forward to trying it, the only small issue is the yeast max temp is 20c with a central heated house I am struggling to keep it below that,
  • Options
    One thing we might suggest is if you can keep it lower down in the room then the temperature often tends to be a few degrees cooler (unless you have underfloor heating), rather than on a worktop etc. If the brewing temperature is a degree or two warmer you may find it ferments a little faster and in higher heats the flavours may not be quite as good as if brewing at the cooler end of the temperature range although in home brewing we can only do our best to keep the temperature as close as we can