Finlandia Success

kirkykirky Member Posts: 2
edited October 2012 in Beer Brewing

Hi

Just thought I drop in and let you know I've had a very nice result with the Finlandia Premium larger, I copy and pasted my review which I left for Home Brew Online. Heres some images, this newbie Brewer is a very happy bunny - Peace

Review Left For this stuff

"Great Stuff, I used Danstar as well as packet of yeast supplied and left for a week in primary. I couldn’t wait for the 3 weeks after bottling so after 2 odd weeks I open up a bottle and was very pleasantly surprised. I carbonated with a good teaspoon of sugar. Opening the bottle you got that nice "fizzzed" and head was lovely creamy, which to my surprise lasted all the way down to bottom of glass, even with a shake of glass half drunk it frothed up nice, now you don't much get that effect with the flat crap served in the local pub. So I bought an additional 3 kits :D 

I'm sure this brew will improve with time say another 3 or 4 weeks. 

Very impressed with the result way better this time than 1st attempt. So thats me hooked, screw asda's roll overs deals. Brewing this 3rd time with 500gs of Med spray malt and brown sugar, wonder how that will turn out, who knows. It will be consumed before xmas for sure lol - Thanks guys"
Brew your own

Comments

• markomarko Administrator Posts: 76
    Great review and pics Kirky, thanks very much. I've got some just bottled, looking forward to trying it in a couple of weeks. I got a mouth full when i was syphoning it and it tasted nice even at that stage, tempted to have a glass straight from the bucket :D

Spraymalt and brown sugar sounds interesting, let us know how you get on. 

• HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115

Thanks for the pics and review, it looks and sounds great! Either it's got a slight chill haze or is perhaps not yet totally clear, if you manage to leave it in the bottles for another week or two that will do any last bit of clearing if needed, but it sounds like it wont last long enough to find out!

We've been selling this off cheap due to the dates on it, but we may have to start stocking it permanently like we are with the Magnum Wine earlier in the year which was very popular too! Happy Brewing!