Home Brew Online's Deal Of The Week

markomarko Administrator Posts: 76
edited August 2012 in News And Announcements
Home Brew Online now have a weekly special deal. Check out this thread and the home page and 'sale' page on the website to see the latest special offers. Please note offers are for a limited period and will end when all stock is sold. Offers may be withdrawn at any time.

Comments

• markomarko Administrator Posts: 76
    edited June 2012

This Weeks Special Offer

Magnum Cider - Only £9.95 (Normally £16.45) 

Click the image above to go to the shop.

This Weeks Special Offer

Complete 30 bottle Cellar 7 Starter Wine Kits - Only £67.90

Usually £87.90 a massive £20 saving. Click the image below to go to the shop.

• billybobsbillybobs Member Posts: 9
    edited March 2012

Would any of the Brewferm beer kits work well with barreling instead of bottles?  I have read the reviews and everyone seems to be favouring bottles for these beers.

Thanks

• HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    We think people do naturally tend to go towards bottling with the Brewferm range, perhaps because many are stronger and are often served in bottles when bought in pubs, etc. They take longer to condition and need some carbonation when darker, bottles are probably best suited and can also be chilled more easily. We have tried one in a barrel a while ago, it went a bit flat and so was not at it's best. If you opt for a barrel we recommend you make sure it is fully airtight, but ideally we believe the best results with this range will be achieved with bottles
  • MattPMattP Member Posts: 14

I wonder how much tastes are changing in the home brew market, and how popular these continental style kits are ?

A few years ago my rowing club went to a competition in Holland, At the time we had the head brewer of one of our local breweries in our club, and as a good will gesture we took a barrel of his latest brew along as our contribution to their massive Saturday night party. Well we literally couldn't give the stuff away (it was FREE, and you had to pay for the dutch beer provided by the competition organisers) We ended up drinking most of the barrel ourselves. Each to their own I suppose, and if I'm honest I've tasted very few continental beer that could hold a candle to a decent pint of bitter.

These kits do seem a little on the pricey side especially as they only produce 9lt ?

• markomarko Administrator Posts: 76

Not all are 9 litres, just the pokey ones. Some are 12, 15 and 20 litres. I really like the Brewferm range myself, I've tried 5 of them so far. The Abdij is one of the best beers I've tasted, really full bodied and full of character. Can't drink to much of it though as you can't feel your legs after a few, 9% mine came out at. I think its a good price for what you get.

• carl_scarl_s Member Posts: 3
    got the 1st offer will brew next week Magnum Cider - Only £9.95 (Normally £16.45) 
     keep the offers coming :)