Options

Cornelius Kegs and Co2

ChrisK1984ChrisK1984 Member Posts: 4
Ive jumped right in at the deep end after reading constant blogs and articles i've decided i want to use cornelius kegs for my beer and cider. I intend to fill my kegs and force carbonate both of them. i got both kegs for £75 (reconditioned) which i feel is a fair price as some of them are over priced in my opinion. Because i don't have a kegerator or keezer (yet) i intend to fill my kegs force carbonate them and leave them in the kegs for a while then bottle most of it using a counter pressure bottle filler and get those bad boys in the fridge for me to drink.
However i do have a question i have a mig welding machine in the garage along with a Co2 bottle filled with pure Co2 would this be acceptable to use for carbonating beer ? i'm sure i've seen the exact same canisters in the cellars of pubs before. I think the only thing i will possibly have to buy is a different co2 regulator but ill cross that bridge when i come to it. in addition to the question about the safety of the welding Co2 does anyone have any other helpful hints or anything else i should know that i could have possibly missed?

Comments