Options

Sediment in home brewed beer and which method is best for controlling it

Sorry guys just brand new on the site and this has probably been discussed to death but here goes.
I've just recently started some home brew again (some cider, Coopers Australian blonde lager and some red wine). I made a few brews years ago when i was younger and can remember the sediment being slightly annoying when it came to pouring my beer out for a drink. I spoke with the people in the shop when i bought my new equipment about the issue, they told me you cant really get around it but did mention some bottle caps that "trap" the sediment, but the bottles have to be primed upside down. They also mentioned you could force carbonate like the larger beer companies do. My question is which is better and more viable as i do like the least amount of fuss when it comes the time to have a beer but not sure how much of an undertaking the force carbonation would be and not sure of the availability of the sediment trap caps or if they're even worth the hassle. All help would be appreciated thanks.

P.S i also heard someone mention that if you bottle at the right time you don't get much sediment is this true ? as i thought the fact your'e introducing priming sugar into the bottle your'e basically starting fermentation again to a certain extent?

Chris

Comments