Everyone loves a blonde, right?

DeanojevoDeanojevo Posts: 49Member
I'm talking a coopers canadian blonde, but you knew that right?

Anyway this is going to be my third brew I have decided.

Planning on using brewing sugar, but I have a beer enhancer kit laying around from when I did my harvest pilsner.
Will this work with this beer OK?

Or is this one best left as it is?

TIA.

Comments

• HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Posts: 1,853Administrator
    Hey, Coopers suggest to make using a Kg of Enhancer 2:

http://www.home-brew-online.com/beer-kits-c1/coopers-international-bundle-kits-canadian-blonde-p1365

This will give it a slightly more malty flavour, but you can use any enhancer of your liking, or just use brewing sugar instead. By using sugar it will make a good brew, but will just have a little less body and flavour as the enhancer contains spray dried malt - it often comes down to price and personal preference
  • DeanojevoDeanojevo Posts: 49Member
    Right. I'm an idiot. I meant bolster kit not enhancer!!
  • WCGWCG Posts: 50Member
    You could add DME or LME, but your blonde would turn into a brunette :)
    You could use a lager bolster:

http://www.home-brew-online.com/ingredients-c45/bolster-kit-for-lagers-and-pilsners-p2816

You would still need to add a Kg of brewing sugar or enhancer though - the bolster is more for flavour than strength
    Got the brewing sugar. Not after adding extra strength to this one.
    Just wondered if the bolster kit would work, as I have some of the kit left over from my last order.

Cheers
    Right on queue, my order has just turned up! Canadian blonde is going on tonight!
    I reckon I may of buggered this one up. It seems to of stalled after 6 days. Hydrometer reading is at 1.006 for two days and it's very pale. I knows it's quite pale anyway, but doesn't seem right? Might be because I'm comparing it with my two previous young's kits (definitive lager and harvest pilsner ).
    There is a bit of froth on top still, but not the original foaming from the first couple of days.

The temperature has been around 24degrees which is pretty warm.

Should I give it a shake and leave it a couple more days? Or bottle and see?
    1.006 sounds nice and low, if the reading has remained constant it probably wont go any lower than this. The fermentation can sometimes take a bit longer but this one is on the warmer side at 24 degrees C so this can speed the fermentation up, it will be time to bottle it up. There is no reason from what you say to believe there will be an issue, it will just be a case of bottling, priming, and leaving to condition
    Great stuff, thanks for the help.