Options

Sterilisation

Hi again.

I'm starting my brew this afternoon. Was going to fill my fv with the steriliser that came with my kit and wash wash everything in there. Is this OK? Also can I wash my bottles at this stage or am I better off doing this as close to bottling as possible? I have the pte bottles so was thinking, sterilise now and lightly screw the caps on to stop any contaminant getting in?

Also any little handy hints prior to starting gratefully received!

Sorry for the constant questions! I'm a bloody perfectionist and the thought of not being fully prepared gives me nightmares!

Cheer guys

Comments

• Options
    BUDFORCEBUDFORCE Member Posts: 275
    You can sterilise your other equipment at the same time if you are going to use it. I just throw everything I'm going to use in my fermentation bucket and leave it overnight. I'd probably leave your bottles closer to the time personally, that being said I can't really fault your logic.
    Beer League: 1. Young's - American Pale Ale 2. Bulldog Brews - Imperial Red Bad Cat 3. Young's - IPA 4. Young's - American Amber Ale 5. Bulldog Brews - Evil Dog Double IPA
  • Options
    DeanojevoDeanojevo Member Posts: 58
    > @BUDFORCE said:
    > You can sterilise your other equipment at the same time if you are going to use it. I just throw everything I'm going to use in my fermentation bucket and leave it overnight. I'd probably leave your bottles closer to the time personally, that being said I can't really fault your logic.
    >
    >

Cheers Bud.

I'm gonna do a couple of bottles when I sterilise my stuff and mark em then see if I have any trouble with them when my brew is bottled.

Thanks for the advice mate.
  • Options
    BUDFORCEBUDFORCE Member Posts: 275
    Yeah good idea!
    Beer League: 1. Young's - American Pale Ale 2. Bulldog Brews - Imperial Red Bad Cat 3. Young's - IPA 4. Young's - American Amber Ale 5. Bulldog Brews - Evil Dog Double IPA
  • Options
    WierdFishWierdFish Member Posts: 25
    I use glass bottles and have a supply of plastic push on caps. Most often I will sterilise the bottles at the start of the brew and seal them until required. I use no rinse steriliser and haven't had any problems before. the biggest consideration is time, will I have more time available now or when I come to bottle.
    Colin