Introducing the fantastic new Tilt wireless hydrometer and thermometer - connect to your phone

HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
edited January 2018 in News And Announcements
The all new must have gadget for checking your hydrometer readings and temperature!

Fed up of having to pick up and read your hydrometer and thermometer like a caveman? This could just be the answer - all the information and readings straight to your phone or computer!

The Tilt is a wireless hydrometer that instantly reads your brew's specific gravity and temperature on your compatible Apple iPhone/iPad or Android smartphone/tablet. Works on any Bluetooth 4.0 device, supplied with a handy Quick Start guide.
The Tilt hydrometer allows you to check the specific gravity and temperature of your beer while it's fermenting, without ever having to open your fermenter or pour out any of your precious brew. This makes brewing more consistent and easy to track.

Here are some of the new features of the Tilt:

Range: Great reception and range. With the increased transmission power your Tilt will send data through larger, thicker-walled fermenters.

Precision
: Upgraded sensors. With an improved temperature sensor and accelerometer your Tilt will operate with more precision.

Efficiency:
We've reduced power consumption so more brews, less battery.

New Look
: Newly designed custom circuit board and harness.

If using multiple Tilt Hydrometers for different batches of fermenting beer you must use a different colour for each batch. The app will not read multiple hydrometers of the same colour.
Approximate dimensions 9.5cm long x 2.9cm diameter
Each Tilt comes calibrated and ready to go with a pre-installed battery. Just download the free app, sanitise your Tilt, drop in your fermenter, and start taking readings with your phone, tablet, or Tilt Pi.
The specific gravity is accurate +/- 0.002 within the Tilt's range of 0.990 to 1.120. The thermometer is accurate +/- 1 degree F (+/- 0.5 degree C).

http://www.home-brew-online.com/tilt-m95

Comments

• BUDFORCEBUDFORCE Member Posts: 275
    I was thinking SWEET!

Until I saw the price :(

Not looking for someone to evaluate one are you? I'll give it a good write up ;)
    Beer League: 1. Young's - American Pale Ale 2. Bulldog Brews - Imperial Red Bad Cat 3. Young's - IPA 4. Young's - American Amber Ale 5. Bulldog Brews - Evil Dog Double IPA
  • HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    Hi Budforce, they are great and we have started to use one ourselves, unfortunately they are not the cheapest of things probably because we source them from the USA rather than China. This does of course mean they will work, but will add to the cost. If we could send you one out we would, we couldn't even get a sample of one of these for ourselves so have had to buy one! The price will put some brewers off and it is no doubt a luxury item for any gadget lovers, there is no denying they are very clever and send the gravity reading and temperature straight to your phone, it should make brewing easier and has brought it into the 21st century
  • BUDFORCEBUDFORCE Member Posts: 275
    Haha yea no worries - I wasn't really expecting to get one, never hurts to ask!

I can definitely see the benefits, those trial jar hydrometers are a pain (I don't even bother using them personally) those devices sound great, very handy to have a temp monitor also.
    Beer League: 1. Young's - American Pale Ale 2. Bulldog Brews - Imperial Red Bad Cat 3. Young's - IPA 4. Young's - American Amber Ale 5. Bulldog Brews - Evil Dog Double IPA
  • ShubberdogShubberdog Member Posts: 2
    My Grandfather taught me to brew wine 60 years ago and he never had a thermometer or hydrometer and his wine was fine so I can't see the need to spend £140 for one