Options

On THE ROCKS MIXED BERRY CIDER.

tigertank1Atigertank1A Member Posts: 6
Had this cider bottled for just over a week and is crystal clear, so decided to give it a taste. This cider is very very good indeed. Talk about being as good as the commercial stuff and only after 1 week in the bottle. It turned out at 6.1% and does not taste at all like its that strong. Had 3 500ml bottles and oh boy did it feel like i had a good drink. I put 3 carbination drops in my 750ml bottles and 2 in the 500ml bottles. Trying the 500ml last night and could of done with a bit more fizz, so next time will add 3. Defo will make this again.

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    That's great, especially as it has not been bottled very long. The carbonation will probably increase when left longer so just be careful about adding more in future, too much carbonation will cause issues with the bottles!
  • Options
    BUDFORCEBUDFORCE Member Posts: 275
    Sounds great!
    Beer League: 1. Young's - American Pale Ale 2. Bulldog Brews - Imperial Red Bad Cat 3. Young's - IPA 4. Young's - American Amber Ale 5. Bulldog Brews - Evil Dog Double IPA
  • Options
    WierdFishWierdFish Member Posts: 25
    I made one of these last year and I didn't think it carbonate very well, even after a few months. Got one out last week with the same expectation that it would be a bit flat, cracked it open and it gushed all over the worktop.

Agree on the strength comment though, it doesn't taste like it's going to be that strong, but you know when you've had a couple.
    Colin