Options

Crafty Fox - IPA

BUDFORCEBUDFORCE Member Posts: 275
At the time of this review the beer has only had 2 and a half weeks in secondary fermentation, so potentially will be better in a few more weeks.

However the beer appears to have cleared nicely, sediment settled, and is well carbonated.

Produces a clear and quite pale yellow beer.

Taste wise its nice, very drinkable. Light and floral hoppy without being too strong or bitter, not over hoppy. There isn't much matlyness behind everything though, although I quite like that with this beer.

If it were more hoppy it would need the matlyness behind it to balance where as this just about gets away with it.

I think this beer at least to me is not what I would consider a full blown IPA, which are heavy both on hops and malty flavour punch, however, those that have been used to drinking lager for example might like this, I think it would make a good crossover beer for those looking to progress from lager in to real ales.

Beer League: 1. Young's - American Pale Ale 2. Bulldog Brews - Imperial Red Bad Cat 3. Young's - IPA 4. Young's - American Amber Ale 5. Bulldog Brews - Evil Dog Double IPA

Comments