Grainfather All Grain Brewing Machine

HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
The new and improved Grainfather is in stock, along with all the various accessories and goodies you need to make your own beers and lagers from grain:

http://www.home-brew-online.com/search/grainfather

The range is made from a high quality stainless steel and regularly receives great reviews, such as:

'I did a lot of soul searching before getting the The Grainfather as its not a cheap bit of kit Just finished my 3rd brew and I have to say I have no buyer’s remorse it’s just the best easy to use clean and store if you’re on the fence I would suggest you go for it'

More details on it are here:

The Grainfathers simple to use system is designed for craft beer lovers. The all in one, temperature controlled unit makes learning to brew the traditional way, easy, regardless of whether you have any experience or not. There is no limit to the types and styles of beer that can be made. From Pale Ales to Stouts, low alcohol or high, it’s your time to get creative and make an exciting new brew each time.
The finest craft beers are made from hops, malted grain and yeast. The Grainfather offers you infinite possibilities just like the professional brewer.
Mash, sparge, boil and cool all in one unit, meaning there is less equipment to use, clean and store.
The Grainfather is electrically powered and designed to be used in doors. No need for burners, or hot plates. Just plug in and go!
30 L capacity. Perfect for small spaces. Packs everything back into itself for easy storage after use.
The built in element provides even heating across the base. Dial in the exact temperature for your mash. Can be used for both step mashing and single temperature mashing with very fast ramp up between steps.
Expandable Grain basket, telescopic design system incorporated into the grain basket allows you to control the ratio of grain to water and keeps a consistent temperature throughout your grain bed. This also makes it possible to mash a wide range of grain bills, from low gravity beers all the way to high gravity.
The pump used to gently recirculate wort through the grain during the mashing stage for better temperature control, sugar extraction and optimal brewing efficiencies.
Easy To Clean Pump filter, temperature control unit, piping, mesh plates are all easily removed and taken apart to make clean up as simple as possible after the brew day.
Time off the brew day. Getting to correct temperatures faster, the all in one system, and easy clean up afterwards sheds hours off a typical brew day. Brewing with the Grainfather takes approximately 4 hours.
Power 240 Volt supplied with a UK plug, 2000 Watts
Dimensions Approximately 733 x 386mm
Total Weight Approximately 10 Kgs

Comments

• sintarasintara Member Posts: 32
    so wish i could buy this id love to do allgrain but as a carer no chance
  • ipsilonipsilon Member Posts: 8
    Hello,

Is there a minimum capacity in terms of Litres that we should not go below when brewing with the Grainfather?
    I will buy the machine soon but would like to brew smaller batches to try it out on a regular basis. Can I brew by 10L? 5L?

Thanks,
    ipsilon
  • HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    Hi ipsilon, the Grainfather is designed for larger batches but you can use the micro pipework that is available separately, this is designed to turn your 20 Litre Grainfather into a 10 Litre version. Grainfather say it is perfect for brewing smaller test batches, or for those who simply need a way to get brewing sooner. The 10 Litre Micro Pipework is perfect for brewing 10 Litre beers, or 20 Litres of a lower ABV strength beer.

This is an upgrade that we don't currently stock unfortunately, but we will add it to our range in the next week or two
    Thank you for this, I really appreciate!
    And, so, if I am stupid enough to brew a recipe for 10L only in the grainfather without this extra gear you mention, what would happen exactly?

• HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    It would probably just be less efficient so you would not get the best from your grain
    ok thank you. I am ordering the grainfather this week and will check for this piece of equipment on your website as well in the next few weeks.
    Hola,

I received my grainfather unit last week. Excited. As I am getting familiar with all the parts, I have a question about the top overflow pipe. The manual says to push it over the bottom part and with the springs facing down. How many inches should it cover the bottom part, though? When pushing it over, I feel some resistance and I go frankly, the springs actually scratch the bottom overflow section so I wonder if I am doing this properly. I have not found any tutotial video showing this part precisely.
    Thanks for your help!