Options

Suitable temperature to store cider after bottling

JaneJane Member Posts: 37
Hello again, sorry about so many questions.
I have an old fridge which is running at 3.5C. Is this too cold to store bottled cider after the secondary fermentation has completed? I mean straight after to condition for several weeks.
Cheers Jx

Comments

• Options
    BUDFORCEBUDFORCE Member Posts: 275
    Reckon it'll be fine.

But.... make sure you give your bottles a good few weeks at room temperature first before you cold store them. A lot of the instructions say one week, but I recommend 2 weeks at rooms temperature.

But yea, then just put them in the fridge.
    Beer League: 1. Young's - American Pale Ale 2. Bulldog Brews - Imperial Red Bad Cat 3. Young's - IPA 4. Young's - American Amber Ale 5. Bulldog Brews - Evil Dog Double IPA
  • Options
    JaneJane Member Posts: 37
    Thanks for the advice - will have a lot of cider (about 20 odd gallons, after splitting the crop with a cider making friend) so don't want to get it wrong! I was worried it was just a tad too low for the various chemical changes that take place when maturing. Will probably not fit all of stash in one fridge :-) so will have to hunt out other storage places. The new part of the house is too warm (modern insulation etc) and the old part is perfect, except we live in it :-) Jx
  • Options
    lilyalvinlilyalvin Member Posts: 8
    I have done the chilling process in back bar bottle coolers that has been made for this purpose. Warming and fermenting has taken a lot from me. Cider doesn't looks like to belong there.