Options

Coopers - Brew A IPA (+ 100g Charles Farm Hops - Sterling)

BUDFORCEBUDFORCE Member Posts: 275
(review also added to main website)

I added 100g Charles Farm Sterling Hop pellets 3 days before bottling so please be aware this review is based on that addition, I have not tried the kit as it comes standard.

However, I am really very impressed with how good this kit is considering it is one of the cheaper ones out there.

Produces a medium brown, smooth pale ale with a good crisp white head. It really has what I would class as a true IPA taste, with a strong zesty hoppyness but also that malty bitter background.

On par with some of the premium kits I have tried at half the price. It easily blows away any of the St. Peters Ale kits I have tried, and is at least as good as the Festival kits.

I would recommend adding a hop pouch/pellets to it, just to lift that aroma and initial hop hit, and it'll still work out cheaper then other kits.

I cant say it quite rivals the Youngs - American Craft Brewing Beer kits or the Bulldog Brews kits, those do have the edge on flavour - but they are also nearly double the money!

After a year and a half of home brewing and trying different kits, this instaly makes it to number 1 of the budget kits. Really very impressed will be on my next order and many more to come no doubt.

Beer League: 1. Young's - American Pale Ale 2. Bulldog Brews - Imperial Red Bad Cat 3. Young's - IPA 4. Young's - American Amber Ale 5. Bulldog Brews - Evil Dog Double IPA

Comments

• Options
    BUDFORCEBUDFORCE Member Posts: 275
    And I must admit, it being only quater past 8, and a Wednesday evening, a school night no less, I am starting to feel a little pickled.

hehehehehhe.
    Beer League: 1. Young's - American Pale Ale 2. Bulldog Brews - Imperial Red Bad Cat 3. Young's - IPA 4. Young's - American Amber Ale 5. Bulldog Brews - Evil Dog Double IPA
  • Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    Sounds like a great addition to the Coopers kit, and interesting that it beats the likes of St Peters which cost quite a bit more, keep up the good work Coopers!