Options

Bulldog Brews - Four Finger Jack (APA)

BUDFORCEBUDFORCE Member Posts: 275
(also posted on the main site)

Produces a nice clear beer with a really crisp white head - infact if there was such a thing as a photo-perfect pint, this would be it.

As for the beer, perhaps a slight bitterness over hoppy punch but I wouldn't say its overly bitter, and being an american style ale it still does have that floral hoppy taste, maybe not quite as much as some of the other Bulldog brews kits such as the Bad Cat, Evil Dog and Raja's Reward or many of the Young's American style kits.

It's a nice tasting beer and also lighter alcohol wise then most of it's peers, but given this is in the same same price brackets as some of the above mentioned premium kits its nothing special, although I would rate it over most the of the more basic kits I have tried. This has had ages in secondary fermentation, at least 12 weeks, and the Bulldog brews kits do need a while longer to clear then some others, it will take more than 3 weeks to get a good finish.

This beer is a safe bet and may appeal to newer brewers and probably appeal to the masses more, I can't see that many people would not like it, it's just not that exciting. If you are looking for that perfect hoppy punchy american style ale that doesn't care if it offends your grandma but you can't help but love it, I'll doubt that this will be "the one".

Beer League: 1. Young's - American Pale Ale 2. Bulldog Brews - Imperial Red Bad Cat 3. Young's - IPA 4. Young's - American Amber Ale 5. Bulldog Brews - Evil Dog Double IPA