Options

My Bad Cat is trying to escape

BUDFORCEBUDFORCE Member Posts: 275
Before it is even brewed this is one bad cat!

Beer League: 1. Young's - American Pale Ale 2. Bulldog Brews - Imperial Red Bad Cat 3. Young's - IPA 4. Young's - American Amber Ale 5. Bulldog Brews - Evil Dog Double IPA

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    That has certainly been a rapid start to the fermentation, how warm is it? If it is still being lively then it may be worth removing the airlock and loosely covering to keep anything out - just until it slows down!
  • Options
    Lol its not slowing down, I put the lid on firmly and its gone up the airlocks! Nothing stopping this!
    Beer League: 1. Young's - American Pale Ale 2. Bulldog Brews - Imperial Red Bad Cat 3. Young's - IPA 4. Young's - American Amber Ale 5. Bulldog Brews - Evil Dog Double IPA
  • Options
    LgAshLgAsh Member Posts: 14
    I'm thinking of trying this. What's the Bad Cat like? I generally like a balanced pint, like a Youngs Amber Ale.

Have you tried the Triple Tykes special export?
  • Options
    Its really good, hoppy but less so than the Young's American style kits, and not too sharp. In fact its really well balanced the only thing you need to be careful of is that its so drinkable but very strong alcohol wise, I drink 4 bottles of these one evening and my god.....

But yeah its awesome like number 2 in my all time best I think
  • Options
    One thing to mention though I forgot earlier, the Bulldog Brews kits do take a fair bit longer to clear and condition in secondary than the Young's kits.
  • Options
    LgAshLgAsh Member Posts: 14
    Cheers I'll give it a go. My favourite two so far are the Youngs Amber ale and the Youngs Oaked rum ale but I've still got a lot to try! With the Youngs kits do you find that priming sugar supplied in the box isn't quite enough? I tend to add a little more when batch priming.
  • Options
    I dont use the priming sugar supplied with those Young's kits unless im kegging, but I bottle say 2-3 brews to the 1 I keg. I also don't tend to keg the Young's ones in general anyway as they are so good and diserve the bottle. I am of the opinion that although much more work, bottling has a better quality of finish, but every now and then I do keg as its sooo much less hassle, but if I buy a cheaper kit that'll be the one I will tend to keg.

I use those carbonation drops instead and I save all the priming sugar pouches up then buy a cheaper beer kit that needs sugar, and use it in that instead.
  • Options
    DanMoskDanMosk Member Posts: 3
    What are carbonation drops? So far I've only been kegging, bottling just seems like way too much hassle...
  • Options
    DanMosk said:

What are carbonation drops? So far I've only been kegging, bottling just seems like way too much hassle...

Yeah bottling is a lot more hassle, not denying that.

But, I reckon the quality of finish in the bottle is better.

To answer your questions carbonation drops are basically little balls of sugar that are convinient to drop in to the bottle rather than messing with loose sugar.

link here:

http://www.home-brew-online.com/carbonation-drops-c57/coopers-carbonation-drops-p542