Options

St Peters Ruby Ale

Joiner8Joiner8 Member Posts: 5
Hi all, I have just finished brewing a st peters ruby ale kit and I am at the conditioning stage I brewed it to 21.5 ltrs and batch primed the brew, I added 85g of priming sugar is this enough sugar to get the correct amount of carbonation in the beer.
The 500ml flip top bottles are in my brew fridge at 21degs c, I intend to leave them in the brew fridge for two weeks.
Hopefully it will turn out as this is only my second brew

Comments

• Options
    BUDFORCEBUDFORCE Member Posts: 275
    Sounds like you are doing everything right.

I've never heard of a brew fridge but 21c is a good temp for the first stage of secondary fermentation. Another 10 days or so in that then 2-3 weeks in the cold and they will be perfect.

Have you ever tried using the corbonation drops? When bottling they are quick and easy I would recommend them.

Which kit did you do first time round?
    Beer League: 1. Young's - American Pale Ale 2. Bulldog Brews - Imperial Red Bad Cat 3. Young's - IPA 4. Young's - American Amber Ale 5. Bulldog Brews - Evil Dog Double IPA
  • Options
    Joiner8Joiner8 Member Posts: 5
    The first kit I brewed was a coopers lager which was bought with a kit including the 330 ml pet bottles, it did not carbonate properly as I used 1 drop per bottle as per the instructions and after reading some forum supplies I should have used 2 drops for a lager, so that has kind of put me off carbonation drops,
    i may try them the next brew.
    Ps do you think that 85 Grams of sugar for 21.5 ltrs of ruby ale will provide enough carbonation or should I have added more at the time

• Options
    BUDFORCEBUDFORCE Member Posts: 275
    I put about 15 heaped teaspoons in my keg when I do 23 litres if that helps?
    Beer League: 1. Young's - American Pale Ale 2. Bulldog Brews - Imperial Red Bad Cat 3. Young's - IPA 4. Young's - American Amber Ale 5. Bulldog Brews - Evil Dog Double IPA