Options

Beaverdale wine & glucose/dextrose?

Hello,

Quick question....

Do you need to get brewing sugar for beaverdale kits?

Cheers,

Comments

• Options
    HBO_StaffHBO_Staff Administrator Posts: 2,115
    No, Beaverdale wine refill ingredients just need water adding to brew, they are very popular
  • Options
    MasterofArtsMasterofArts Member Posts: 21
    I might just give it a try.

Im gonna set myself a project and try and make wine as close from scratch as possible.

Do you do a starter ingredients kit that doesnt include grape juice?
  • Options
    If brewing wine from grape juice you have pressed yourself then you will need a few ingredients, it is best to follow a recipe you have found that you like the sound of and this will list what is needed and when to add the chemicals etc. There are no ingredients packs we have like that, but we do have all the yeasts and nutrients needed, campden tablets and finings etc,

There are loads of recipes online etc, if needed we have a few books which may be of interest:

http://www.home-brew-online.com/books-c69/wine-t221
  • Options
    MasterofArtsMasterofArts Member Posts: 21
    edited November 2015
    Well after bottling the youngs SB, as per my other thread, ive now started the Beaverdale PG, I didnt add the oak to this 1.

What a difference in DAY 1 colour from the youngs to beaverdale.

*The dark coloured pic is day1 youngs SB.
    *Light coloured is beaverdale day1 PG, with no oak added.

Why such a colour change?

Is it the grape, oak or any other factor?
  • Options
    You will often find a difference in colour, it does vary between brands but also the same brand can differ in colour too between batches. This is simply due to the juice used, the manufactures blend the grapes to get the flavour a they want it, the colour is not taken into account as long as the flavour is as required by them. The juice will therefore vary from season to season and also between batches, what you may find though is that any colours change as you brew it and the finished product once fined may change as the brew goes